Video monitoring in a hospital operating room can be carried out with the help of a software package. The video monitoring can be in constant operation, or can be turned on directly during surgery by a doctor via a foot-operated switch. Recordings of surgeries are stored on a video server, then catalogued and written up. Hospital personnel can watch any of the videos through the hospital network and discuss it on a forum via tablet computers.
Advantages of the product:
- Head doctor can check on subordinates.
- Decrease of fatalities during surgery.
- Increased level of responsibility in operating room.
- Exchange of experience for specialists and scientific research work.
- Using the best examples of work from specialists in training of interns.
- Possibility of recording complex and unusual cases.
- Group discussions (with the board of doctors) for severe cases.
- Service provided as an additional paid option for wealthy clients.
The server runs Windows with a WCF service which allows for client applications to establish connection. The server includes the following features:
- Accessing the service through a specific user account.
- Limiting server access based on network hardware used to access the server: through LAN, VPN, Intranet etc.
- Connecting cameras to the server through DirectShow interface.
- Capturing, compressing and storing video and audio files in real time.
- H.264 and MPEG2 video codec support.
- OGG Vorbis, MP3 and AAC audio codec support.
- Overlaying the video footage with text and watermarks.
- Hardware USB-controller support (start/stop button) with status indicator for controlling recording.
- Client authorization.
- Inclusion of API for controlling capture, managing settings and integration with 1C and other external systems.
- Saving the captured video to a local hard drive or an SMB/FTP resource.
- Protection of hardware from unauthorized copying.
The client is a web application written using ASP.NET MVC technology, equipped with a user interface for communication with the server. The client side is offered as a web application, thanks to the simplicity of setting roles, access rights differentiation and further extension. The client interface includes the following features:
- Searching a network of available servers.
- Connection to a server service.
- Accessing and editing server settings and audio-video capture settings.
- Setting up the server application for capture.
- Capture start-up and shut-off.
- Watching the captured video: fully, partially or viewing a static frame.
- Forum access.