Selling goods in an online store, and offering services thought social networks, are both facilitated by website development and redesign. It is not enough to develop a web application and forget about it for a few years. A website should “live” — that is, be updated and enriched, gain momentum by attracting more web traffic. A website should be modernized in the following cases:
- Unscrupulous or unprofessional work by its developers;
- The need to widen its functionality or delete certain previously used options;
- The need to modernize already developed mobile applications;
- A change of business model at the organization itself;
- The arrival of additional goods, services, new specific features;
- The need to change navigation.
Website redesign is not limited to changing the site’s appearance or adding content. In most cases it is program errors that hinder the site’s qualitative progress. Source code validation is a crucial step on the way to a convenient and correct product.
Involvement of specialists on a time-rate basis
Clients representing the government ask for a fixed-price assessment of a redesign project, since it is more important for them to follow the complicated system of budgeting and expenditure. Commercial companies are more flexible in choosing a payment scheme, but they always look for the cheapest contract. They are prepared to pay only for a useful yield.
That is why we have created a time-rate payment scheme for redesign services. A time rate, tracked in a special web application, helps guarantee the efficiency of programmers’ work.
This approach has a number of advantages:
- The hourly wage is set beforehand;
- The work of the team can be controlled at all stages until the project’s completion;
- Money spent covers only the cost of the task — nothing more.
Working with EDISON Software Development Centre requires an initial payment for the first month of our team’s work. But one can test the scheme by paying for only 40 hours (one full working week) of the specialist’s employment. The task’s completion is managed with the “Big Brother” daily performance record program. The client gets access to the source code repository and bug tracker. Remote work saves travelling time and also frees the client from the necessity to provide an additional workplace in his organization’s office.